On this page we have gathered important information you might find useful while you are visiting the competitions in Östersund.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Let us know at email@example.com
- Visit Östersund
- Östersund offers a range of activities and tourist attractions. You find the local Tourist Office, Visit Östersund, in the central parts of Östersund at Rådhusgatan 44. Their opening hours are Monday-Friday 11 am – 5 pm and you can also reach them by www.visitostersund.se or +46 63-701 17 00
- Traffic information
- » Rådhusgatan between Biblioteksgatan and Hamngatan/Bus center and a part of Postgränd will be permanently closed 2-17 of March.
Ceremony Evenings between 6 pm and 10 pm during 6-10 of March, 12-14 of March and 16 of March, the closed area will also cover: Rådhusgatan from Samuel Permansgatan to Hamngatan. Biblioteksgatan will also be closed from Södra Gröngatan to the Tourist Office.
During Ceremony Evenings, there will be an available rescue road by the crossroad of Södra Gröngatan and Biblioteksgatan.
» Road E45/Litsvägen will be closed for all traffic between the roundabout of Jämtkraft Stadium and the roundabout of Genvägen 1-17 of March.
- Commercial advertising in the form of banners, flags and similar are not permitted in the spectator areas. These will be removed if necessary.
- Cameras may be brought into the area for private use. However, flashes may not be aimed at the athletes.
- FM radio receivers may be taken into the area. Radio transmitters must have a special permit from the World Cup organizers.
- Dogs are welcome to the Biathlon party but only in the track areas and not on the stands. Dogs must be on leash during your visit.
- Emergency evacuation
- In case of an emergency evacuation, spectators are to follow the officials’ instructions, which will lead them to a safe area.
- First aid
- In case of emergency call 112.
Please note, doctors and first aiders are on site at the arena. Contact an official if you need help.
- Parking will be available close to the arena but it only has a limited amount of spots so we recommend walking, biking, taking the bus or the mini-train to the stadium if possible. Additional buses will operate between the city center and the arena. Map of the location of the parking lots will be published soon.
- Prohibited items in the arena
- » Alcohol
» Pets are not permitted on the stands. Visitors with pets may stand in the course area
» Flash cameras
» Flammable liquids
» Pyrotechnic ordinance such as fireworks and Bengal lights.
- *checks are performed at the entrance
- Spectator etiquette
- It is traditional practice that all athletes’ performances are shown appreciation, regardless of nationality and result.
It is forbidden to behave in a disruptive manner. Spectators may not provide athletes with information or any advantages compared to the other
- Sweden – laws & good to know
- » Alcohol (high procent and wine) can only be purchased at Systembolaget.
» Car driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal and punishable.
» Innehav och bruk av narkotika är olagligt och straffbart.
» Purchasing of sex is illegal and punishable. In case of suspicion inform the Police at 11414