FAQ for spectators
What would biathlon be without its crowd and what would that crowd be without its biathlon!
On this page we have gathered some information you might find useful while you are visiting the competitions in Östersund.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial advertising in the form of banners, flags and similar are not permitted in the spectator areas. These will be removed if necessary.
- May be brought into the area for private use. However, flashes may not be aimed at the athletes.
- We work hard to make our event available for everybody. At Grand Stand A lower we have a dedicated area if you have trouble walking and near by you find both toilet adapted for those with physical disabilities and a staffed warm room. There’s also special parking for disabled close to the arena. Please let us now before arriving at the arena if you need any special assistance and we’ll be happy to help. Read more here.
- Dogs are welcome to the Biathlon party but only in the track areas and not on the stands. Dogs must be on leash during your visit.
- Emergency evacuation
- In case of an emergency evacuation, spectators are to follow the officials’ instructions, which will lead them to a safe area.
- First aid
- In case of emergency call 112.
Please note, doctors and first aiders are on site at the arena. Contact an official if you need help.
- Prohibited items in the arena
- (checks are performed at the entrance)
Pets are not permitted on the stands. Visitors with pets may stand in the course area
Pyrotechnic ordinance such as fireworks and Bengal lights.
- FM radio receivers may be taken into the area. Radio transmitters must have a special permit from the World Cup organizers.
- Spectator etiquette
- It is traditional practice that all athletes’ performances are shown appreciation, regardless of nationality and result.
It is forbidden to behave in a disruptive manner. Spectators may not provide athletes with information or any advantages compared to the other
- Tourist Office
- You find the local Tourist Office, Visit Östersund, in the central parts of Östersund at Rådhusgatan 44. Their opening hours are Monday-Friday 11 am – 5 pm and you can also reach them by www.visitostersund.se or +46 63-701 17 00